"It’s unfortunate that when we feel a storm
We can roll ourselves over ‘cause we’re uncomfortable
Oh well, the devil makes us sin
But we like it when we’re spinning in his grip”
you finally sneak into the dragon’s cave and find his treasure chest. you open it and there is just a macaroni drawing by the dragon’s son.
“ITS TREASURE TO MEEEEE” the dragon bellows
what a joyous time of year
Excerpts from Hayao Miyazaki’s Daydream Notes (aka Daydream Data Notes). Miyazaki had a regular feature in Japanese hobby magazine Model Graphix where he’d make various short comics and illustrated essays on vintage aircrafts, tanks and boats. It was also where he published the short comic "The Age of the Flying Boat", which he later reworked into his film Porco Rosso.
Thanks, James Franco.
- Dated: fourth quarter 19th century
- Culture: Spanish
- Medium: wood, metal
- Measurements: 34 in. (86.4 cm)
- Markings: Engraved on sword: “A.H.P.” and engraved on both sides of sword: “TOLEDO”
Apart from their obvious functionality, canes were an elegant accessory in the 19th century, when the afternoon promenade gave members of the fashionable set occasion to display their finery and genteel manners.
This gentleman’s novelty cane conceals an elaborately engraved and monogrammed sword blade. While technically functional as a sword, the absence of a proper grip and guard make the cane more suited to braggadocio than actual dueling.
Another such gadget cane in the Brooklyn collection contains a liquor vial and tiny drinking glass. Equivalent women’s sticks sometimes held snuff bottles, powders vials, or other cosmetic materials.
My take on the king god of Norse mythology. Got a little tired of seeing depictions of him as this old guy with a short white beard and golden armour. In the myths, Odin spent a great deal of his life travelling the world to learn and gain knowledge. The antlers were added because I think an ancient god should be a bit more “primal” than the stories made up by men in the viking age.
This is the design that will be used in a comic I am planning to make called The Eye of Odin.
Growing up, my most fond memories was visiting abandoned places with my brother. To this day, if opportunity presents itself, I bring my camera and take a few pictures. These are not my work ofcourse, but I hope you enjoy the visual beauty and maybe it brings fond memories of your own adventures.
- Abandoned Construction of Nuclear Power Plant. Photo By brokenview
- Chatillon Car Graveyard in Belgium
- Jiancing Historic Trail in Taipingshan National Forest in Taiwan. Photo By T.-C
- Abandoned theme park in nara dreamland, japan. Photo by michaeljohngrist
- Clock tower
- Old shack in a snow field, Idaho. Photo By James Neeley
- Abandoned terminal at Nicosia Airport. Photo By eyesfutur
- Milan, New Orleans. Photo By JustUptown
- Abandoned church in autumn. Photo by *CainPascoe
- Abanonded steam engine in Uyuni train cemetery, Bolivia. Photo By jimmyharris
abandoned porn for the win
Ain’t no party like a Bondsmagi party because a Bondsmagi party basically kills everyone. New art by Dejan Delic!
August Riedel, Judith (1840) (detail)
Bottled Creatures by Emma Lazauski
More: | Random |